2006 - You are the Ultimate Survivor!

I would like to wish everyone all the very best for the New Year. Think about it ... by the end of this year, you will be a completely different person - most of the cells in your body will have been replaced by new ones - so physically you will actually be 'brand new' - the new experiences both negative and positive that you will have this year will gently shape and mould your new world view and perspective - a lot of these things are not in your control - but how you react and deal with them definitely is!

To this point we have all demonstrated amazing survival characteristics - we are still here, and we all live in extremely fortunate cicumstances and times.

Think about this ... every single one of your ancestors, going back millions of years, survived, against all the odds, until the time they were able to procreate and give birth. More than likely, they were able to survive and prosper beyond that time, until their children grew up to the age where they could give birth the the next generation - and so on. So you are the product of this incredible family tree, consisting of amazingly resilient and adapative ancestors who all successfully survived in a harsh and unforgiving environment. Further ... you are the end product of all that genetic material - the odds are definitely all in your favour!

I think we have a genetic imperative to improve our circumstances, create amazing lives for ourselves and our children, and live our lives to the fullest. So, with this in mind, what is it we are resolving to change or undertake this year?

Personally, I like to get clarity on those things I would like to do or achieve or change - and then reverse-engineer the stepping stones right back to where I am now. Then my path is clear and obvious. I also reserve the right to change my mind along the way - as the person I will be half way through this year will be slightly different and slightly more experienced (and hopefully wiser) than the person I am right now - and that more experienced and wiser person just may well have a better plan than I.

All the best my friends - have a great 2006.

regards,
JBW

Comments

Popular Posts