Some of my favourite Latin sayings ..

To the few freaks out there that may find this interesting, here are a few of my favourite Latin sayings - and yes, I did learn Latin at school - and a further yes, I am that old!

dulce bellum inexpertis: war is sweet to the inexperienced

semper reformanda: always being reformed

Sine Qua Non: Without which nothing

fac fortia et patere: do brave deeds and endure

obscuris vera involvens: the truth being enveloped by obscure things

ars longa vita brevis: art is long, life is short

Te morituri salutamus: we who are about to die, salute you

acta non verba: actions, not words

audentes fortuna iuvat: fortune favors the bold

per ardua ad astra: through adversity to the stars

Mens sana in corpore sano: A sound mind in a sound body

esse quam videri: to be, rather than to seem

Rerum cognoscere causas: To discover the causes of things

hic sunt leones: here there are lions

Dum spiro, spero: While I breathe, I hope

repetitio est mater studiorum: repetition is the mother of study

citius altius fortius: faster, higher, stronger

uctor et emergo: I struggle and emerge

a posse ad esse: from being able to being

veni, vidi, vici: I came, I saw, I conquered

Comments

Popular Posts