BILL GATES LECTURE POINTS:
FEEL-GOOD, POLITICALLY CORRECT TEACHINGS HAVE CREATED A GENERATION OF KIDS WITH NO CONCEPT OF REALITY.
ELEVEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. Life is not fair – get used to it.
2. The world won’t care about your self-esteem.. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
3. You will not make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.
4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
5. Flipping hamburgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for flipping hamburgers: they called it opportunity.
6. If you mess up, it’s not your parents fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
7. Before you were born, your parents wern’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forests from the parasites of your parents generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
8. Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This does not bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
9. Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summer off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.
10. Television is NOT real life. In real life, people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
11. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you will end up working for one.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER. IF YOU CAN READ THIS IN ENGLISH – THANK A SOLDIER!