Tuesday, December 09, 2008

thumbnail

Last post from Bangkok


Leaving Bangkok in 12 hours time ... all being well. The airport has just re-opened for business now that the rebels have departed. Looks like I am good to go for a flight at 9pm tonight. Went to the Jitti Gym this morning, said my goodbyes. A great place - a great bunch of people. I ay consider having Jitti come out for a weekend seminar at some time ... his English is pretty good - and he has an impressive depth of knowledge on the art of Muay Thai. Plus - I like him.
I'll head downtown now and might catch a movie - hit a few bookstores and while away the rest of the day until airport time comes around. May even go set a few more birds free from a Buddhist temple - although I have to see, I am not a big fan of the begging monks. This will almost certainly go against popular opinion - but to those monks, I say 'GET A JOB'. Work like everyone else if you want to eat - I am sick of seeing these people go on about a life of prayer - while they are happy for others to do the work and feed them. Don't get me started about Tibet! I have spoken to several Tibetans who rejoice that the priests are no longer 'enslaving the population' (their words - not mine). Perhaps I am being a little unfair - the monks are good at some work - they are good at catching birds so people can give them money to release them.
Anyways - time to go - I am very much looking forward to getting home to my family and my students.
best wishes,
JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.