Sunday, April 19, 2009

thumbnail

Singapore Surprise


Training at Fightworks Asia - organized by Jason Quek - was great. We had thirty-odd attendees turn up for the event from a number of Singaporian BJJ and MMA schools.
The training was great fun and very well received. But the biggest surprise of all, was perhaps enjoyed by myself, when Jason produced a birthday cake for me at the end of the evenings training. That's a first! I have never had thirty Singaporeans singing happy birthday to me on the mat before. Wow! Thanks guys - your wonderful surprise was much appreciated. I also had a chance to catch up (albeit it briefly) with my friend Kon Quek. Kon gave me a framed pic of my wife, and our son Felix, dressed up to the nines at his wedding at Raffles just after Christmas.
My Singapore visit was a real blast. I look forward to coming back and visiting with Jason and Kon again soon. I must also thank Arvid, who graciously allowed us the use of his mat. A really great training facility.
Best wishes and thanks again to everyone who attended the training.
Train smart,
JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.