Northern Frontiers ...


Just back home after a big weekend in Darwin. I had to fly up on friday to deliver 15 sessions to the NT Police College trainers and members of the Tactical Response Team. Arrived home 1 am this morning - still slightly dehydrated. Spending today drinking water, eating food and napping.
Darwin is hot - hot and humid. But the people were great and my time there was thoroughly enjoyable. For those who don't know much about the Northern Territory - it's like the old wild west out there. Police can be stationed in remote aboriginal communities, where, for all intents and purposes, they are pretty much left to their own devices. When all is running along nicely, they may get some good fishing in - but when things go bad, they are alone and well beyond the reach of assistance. They have their own unique sets of problems and chellenges - and they have my utmost respect. For these people, Defensive Tactics is not a lifestyle choice - it is a means of survival - serious stuff!
I will enjoy tyhe rest of the day - indeed, the rest of the week at my school here in Geelong. I have a seminar at Hangar 4 in Melbourne this thursday night - and then four more in Sydney this weekend. I'd better hydrate ...
JBW

Comments

Popular Posts