Tuesday, December 01, 2009

thumbnail

Home from the wilds ...



Arrived home today. Back from the wilds of New Zealand and looking forward to thr week ahead. I have my good friend Dave Meyer arriving this wednesday morning - and another good friend - Marc Herbert beating him in from South Africa by ten hours or so. So it's airport runs and mat madness for the next week or two.
I cannot wait to get back to class tomorrow night - and once again step onto the Geelong mat. I miss teaching and working with my students - and my regular routines. Having Dave on the mat for the next few weeks will add some spice for all of us. It's going to be a blast.

Although this may interest very few - here are a couple of pics from my back-country adventure. newly hatching Canadian Goose chicks - just fighting their way out of the eggs. These little guys have to fend for themselves from day one - the mother doesn't help out at all ... and we complain about life being tough!
The other is a shot of me standing waist deep in the snow-melt, after swimming down a river chasing this trout. Had to get underwater and unhook him from beneath the overhanging bank a couple of times - a huge battle - and below freezing. Wet but happy.

Anyways - I will be getting back to my usual blogging as of now ... again, apologies for my absence ... but when the wilds call ....

JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

1 Comments

avatar
Anonymous 1:08 pm

I would love to see you do that in the walcott inlet. Nice fish btw. Hoops,

Reply Delete

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.