Thursday, August 19, 2010

thumbnail

Angles, Weight and Zebra's ...

Here's a small clip taken by George Adams during a seminar I conducted last weekend at Steve Perceval's place in Sydney. George's handy Flip Camcorder strikes again. In the clip I illustrate several points concerning angles and use of weight - some of the topics I have covered in recent posts. I also talk briefly about the importance of keeping the opponents hand separated from the rest of his body when trying to apply the "kimura'. I hope you like it.
Best wishes all,
JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

4 Comments

avatar

Very useful indeed. Thanks!

sometimes the solution to certain bjj technique is so simple that i wonder why i haven't thought about it before.

Perhaps when i mature more in bjj i would :P

Reply Delete
avatar

its really useful indeed. thanks!!

Reply Delete
avatar

Like the analogy of the bulldozer as I grew up on heavy construction sites. Never thought about it but, yes, the angle is key.

Reply Delete
avatar
Anonymous 11:50 pm

Wow. The idea of the bulldozer really drove this point home to me. Thanks for this, John. btw, I received my copy of book 3, and I'm enjoying it very much.

Reply Delete

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.