Thursday, September 23, 2010

thumbnail

Terranova's Tip of the day: Don't eat yellow snow!


I am at my friend Tony Terranova;'s house in the amazing Cotswalds - and we have just returned from the mat where I did some 'calibrating' (Tony's word: he's an engineer) of his students. A two hour break before I head back for the 2 hour seminar tonight.
Tony has a great little workout area at his house , where he has gone crazy with his many 'FUSION FITNESS' inventions. As mentioned, tony is an engineer - and he has put much thought into modifiying and tailor-making gear for his fitness traning. I have included a couple of pics here.
Tony is holding a couple of his cannonballs - used for grip training. The Jugglers challenge! He has pipe-sized barbells for over-hook and underhook training - a specially designed rack for deadlifts and al kinds of other weight work - and a zillion other interesting toys. it's a functional fitness freaks paradise.
I met Tony a few years back - when I conducted my first seminar in Coventry. An uglier room I had never been in. I have not seen so many broken noses and scarred faces on any mat, anywhere. Tony came up and introduced himself to me and I instantly liked him. Quick with a smile, and armed with an endless stream of jokes, Tony Terranova is a long time training partner of Geoff Thompsons. he has a wonderful family and it is always a pure pleasure to spend time with them. Well, time for a bite and a quick e-mail check before we head back to mat for more fun and frolics.
Best wishes
JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.