Homeward Bound

Finally finished my work in Las vegas (for the 2nd time in a week), flew back to Los Angeles, met up with Rigan Machado and headed out to lunch. After lunch we walked and chatted for a bit, then went back to his place, slapped a few mats down on his loungeroom floor and worked on some BJJ technique for the latter part of the afternoon. The he, Dave Meyer and I headed out again for a bite of dinner before I was dropped at the airport for my late flight home. Boarding shortly.
Here are a couple of pics - The first of me surfing the invisible wave with Gilbert Melendez (Strikeforce champion and latest UFC sign-up)
Another of Rigan and I on his lounge-room floor.
And finally, a nice one taken just before I left Vegas after breakfast with a nice group of friends (LtoR: Fariborz Azhahk, Benny Urquidez, martial arts legend: Jhoon Rhee, myself and David Meyer).
I have had a great trip - but must admit will be glad to get back home to my family and my students in Geelong. Looking forward to returning to my usual routine this week. More soon - travelblog complete.
JBW

Comments

Popular Posts