Thursday, February 09, 2012

thumbnail

Informed Risk


As a follow-upon my last post -  would like to talk a little more about RISK-TAKING.
Once again – it’s not that I am against risk-taking (my life has been one big RISK-TAKE) – but I do very strongly think that we should take an INFORMED approach to risk-taking – of we want to develop trends of success in our lives.

I head into the wilds a couple of times a year – being dropped by chopper or hiking into remote areas of wilderness. I have certainly had more than my share of risky moments ‘out there’ but to a large extent, I have gone into the situation ‘highly informed’.

I have risked hard-earned money in both the share and property markets – and I have done so ill-informed (and lost a lot) and I have done so well-informed and done well from it. Taking risks is necessary – if we want to live a life full of adventure and success – but we should be as informed as well can possibly be if we want to emerge with ‘improved hardwiring’ – the kind of ‘hardwiring’ that sets us up for repeat performances in our future.

Risk is essential to growth and learning – but informed risk is what separates those oriented toward repeated success and those who are not. JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.