Friday, May 17, 2013

thumbnail

The many hats we wear …


On the mat we many hats … or at least we should.
We have our Guard Passing hat – our Sweeping Hat – our Attacking/Finishing hat – our Escaping/Defending Hat, etc.
Our tendency, our natural instinct, is to wear the hat we like the most – and that’s fine – but sometimes, it’s not sunny, sometimes, it’s raining, or snowing, or windy. Over time, we develop a Hat Collection … and we even develop a taste for wearing hats that at one time we didn’t like. And so it is also, with life … Sometimes, I have my ‘Dad’ hat on, other times, my Husband hat, my accountant/business hat (don’t like that one much), other times my training hat, my flyfishing/wilderness/adventuring hat, my teaching hat and right now, my writing hat. You get the idea.
If you only have one or two hats you like to wear … it may be worth thinking about adding a few more to your collection. There is a strong correlation between our ability to adapt in life and the size and quality of our hat collection. JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.