Wednesday, October 14, 2015

thumbnail

A little help ...

We can get by with a little help from our friends … so said the Beatles! When we give a little help to our friends - it makes their lives a little easier and our lives all the richer for being able to help someone else.

In helping others though - I no longer expect the favour to be necessarily returned; I used to think that this is how it all worked - but I have been very wrong on more than one occasion. Some people see a helping hand as a sign of weakness; and will try to take advantage of you whenever they can … this has happened to me more than once. I was shocked at the time - and have quietly distanced myself from such people since … but there is a lesson here - and it is simple … be okay with helping others but don’t expect reciprocation; if it does happen … then you know you have found a real friend … but just don’t expect it. My great pal David Meyer once said ‘giving is giving - helping is helping - it’s not business, it’s not a trade. Expect nothing in return.’ Something to that effect anyways … he’s smart guy; a very moral person. Once we have tended to our own garden .. we can help others with theirs. JBW

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.