A tolerance for novelty ...


A tolerance for novelty - is a trait I have had as long as I can remember. I have always been relatively comfortable in situations that I have never experienced before. I enjoy the feeling of trying to figure out the way forward on an unfamiliar landscape. Certainly, this has helped in my BJJ training; there is so much ‘novelty’ present, that one c cannot help but be amazed on a regular basis. I think most of us have a desire to see what’s over the hill; it’s part of who we are as human beings. Exploration of any sort requires that we make a certain ‘peace’ with uncertainty; that we are willing to embrace the new and unfamiliar, that we are okay with tripping up and looking a little goofy now and then. Life, both on and off the mat, with throw plenty of unfamiliar situations and circumstances your way …. but that’s okay … it is just life unfolding and revealing your way forward. Enjoy. JBW

Comments

Popular Posts