A true legend ...


One of the best things about the weekend was seeing my good friend Hanshi Tino Ceberano at the Supershow. Many people consider Tino to be the pioneer of martial arts in Australia. He was the teacher of many of our most well respected and influential martial artists. A true martial arts legend here. I was fortunate some time back to spend a lot of time with him in Japan - where he is revered as one of the best Goju Kai men in the world. The last time I saw him was when he and I were best men at a wedding in the Philipnes a few years back. At the show, I was standing talking to someone, and I hear this great loud voice yell, I turn , and there is Tino running toward me.
You simply cannot spend time with him without a smile appearing on your face. he is a man of amazig skill, great character and immense charisma. We are lucky to have him residing back here in Australia.

Think about all the benefits that martial arts training offers us. perhaps the most important thing of all, are the great life-lasting friendships that we make along the way.

Train hard - train smart.
JBW

Comments

Popular Posts