Dumbing down our kids ...

I have recently received a couple of e-mails from people who have informed me that the points made in the post before last - "I love these Bill gates lecture points' - did not originate from Bill gates himself. I havn't had time to verify this as yet - a busy day - but more than one person has let me know that they originated from the work of Charles J Sykes - author of the book: "Dumbing Down Our Kids - Why American children feel good about themselves but can't read, write or add.
I myself have no opinion one way or another on these claims - as I havn't had the time to chase it all down. But if Mr Sykes was the original author - then certainly the kudos should go to him. If anyone is interested - I suggest you 'google' - Charles Sykes and perhaps even get a hold of his book. Gotta run - actual work to do.
JBW

Comments

Popular Posts