Lion City Antics

As always, Kon Quek, is the most gracious and generous of hosts. I very much enjoy his company and that of his beautiful fiancée Charmaine (Go Denny!) The mat was full of keen Singaporean BJJ fanatics – I enjoyed myself immensely. There’s nothing ‘not to like’ about Singapore – the locals are among the most friendly people I have ever met – I think they all have a ‘sense of national pride’ chip, installed at birth. The Singaporeans seem always willing to go out of their way to help and assist – they are great people. The food is awesome – best in the world I would have to say; the streets are clean and crime is almost unheard of. The place just WORKS. I love it. The BJJ there is really ramping up here. I really look forward to the day when we see the first Singaporean Black Belt. That goal seems a lot closer now, that since Kon was awarded his purple belt last night. A few of the advanced students headed out to dine and celebrate on the Singaporean rivierra last night – we had an awesome time. This morning, as I sit here at the airport, awaiting my flight to Heathrow (UK), I find myself saddened that I won’t be back here till years end. Thanks Kon for your wonderful and much appreciated hosting – and congrats again you’re your new rank. Well deserved! Train on guys (and gals!) I can’t wait to get back again. Perhaps for another new Years Eve visit.

JBW

Comments

Paul said…
Thanks John, for the awesome seminar. If you are heading to bali at any time, look me up.
Cheers
Paul Collins
slamziggy@yahoo.com.au
Hey John, we knew we can always count on you to deliver an great seminar! We look forward to your next visit.
cheers

Popular Posts