I can read the future

Yes – it’s true, I can. I predict the sunrise tomorrow, whether or not I am here to see it. I predict the tide will come in and go out again, etc. So yes, many things are predictable but many again, are not. But this is not enough of a reason to just ‘go with the flow’ on absolutely everything. We all may be likened to leaves floating in the current of life; the predictable part is the direction in which the river is flowing, the unpredictable part is what lies in wait just around the corner … but you can float along if you like – and enjoy the scenery, or you can paddle hard every now and then and take some control over the path you take. Paddle and cruise – paddle and cruise – knowing when to do which, now that is the trick worth learning: JBW

Comments

Popular Posts