Do the math ...


Do you realise the odds against you being alive?

Not one of your ancestors, going back millions of years (apologies to friends in Utah) - died before they managed to procreate! Think about the odds of that!
Who knows whether there is life elsewhere in the universe? My instinct tells me there must be - and lots of it - but we havn’t quite found it yet - so, for the moment, that adds to the ‘special-ness’ of human existence.
I am also quite certain that most of us have a very limited understanding of the concept of ‘time’ … I suspect that each moment we experience has a value that is very much beyond our understanding.
Bottom line … you are unique and special! Each and every one of you … so do the best you can to extractive most value you can, from your most-wonderful existence.
A poem I wrote some thirty years ago ....
'Nothing
more nothing
the candle sputters
endless nothing
But oh what joy
what magic
in that briefest
of flickerings'
- JBW

Comments

Popular Posts