The Ultimate BJJ project …


The Pareto principle: 80% of our results come from 20% of our effort - in many things. (originally this was to do with land ownership - 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population) Since then though, it has been applied to lots of things - sales, exercise, etc. So we might try to apply this to BJJ - perhaps 80% of our success on the mat comes from only 20% of the techniques we learn or are exposed. to. 

So, one interesting project would be to identify what these techniques - or ‘mini-games’ are … and become competent at those before doing anything else. Great for those who are time-poor.

I have used this 80/20 principle in almost all other aspects of my life - and have done so for a very long time. I never knew it was called the Pareto Principle - I just called it ‘trimming there fat. - ie: cutting our all the stuff/effort that doesn’t add effectively to the outcome. 

That is why I hot the ‘Tabata-protocol’ three times a week - instead of hours in the gym … I get it all done in 30 minutes. I ‘cut to the chase’ - no fluff - trim the fat - and do the bits that give me the best results with the smallest investment in time. 

Food for thought.

Comments

Popular Posts