Forensics & Impressionism


My own teaching style is based on a very forensic-style approach - I like to examine all the components of a move, understand the purpose and ‘firing order’ of each part of the process - and then find the best choice of words that will successfully drive others toward the same level of understanding. My approach is very forensic and detail oriented. 

On the other end of the spectrum is what I would call an impressionistic approach. My coach Rigan Machado’s coaching style is like this. 
Think of what Monet, Cezanne and Van Gogh were trying to do through their impressionist works. There is something about their creations that an explicit photograph failed to convey - with less detail than a photograph, their art, in some ways, conveyed more. 

Personally, I love both impressionism and high-detail … they both bring something different to bear on the subject matter. It is the perspective we get from both approaches that ultimately gives us true insight. JBW

Starry Starry Fight …

Comments

Popular Posts