Wrestling vs Jiu Jitsu
- train harder - better conditioned
- unbeatable at takedowns
- pathway to Olympics possible
- lot of emphasis placed on strength and conditioning and explosive movement
High level wrestlers: usually have wrestled their whole lives; beginning in their school programs.
For who: wrestling is a sport that tends to attract athletic young men. Not so many wrestlers still active in their late 20’s or 30’s.
Jiu Jitsu positives:
- train relaxed - can train their whole life
- unbeatable at submissions
- highly effective for self defence and real fights
- a lot of emphasis put on relaxed and strategic movement
High level Jiu Jitseiros: very often made their start later in life. As Adults.
For who: Jiu Jitsu attracts people from a very wide demographic; boys, girls, men, women, professionals, blue collar workers … even it’s share of the elderly.