Question and calibrate …


Asking questions of ourselves is a way to clarify or crystallise our thinking. What values are important to us? What switches on our creativity? What traits do we admire in others? Conversely, what traits do we dislike in others? What makes us feel fulfilled? What skills do we assign high value to? Is the world a better or worse place for us having made a particular decision? 


I ask myself questions like these on a regular basis. Sometimes, I do it out loud - which makes my wife shake her head and look at me cross-eyed. Cute.


Questions … underpin many of our actions and decisions. Questions take us places - they open some doors and close others. 


Pic: My questions led me to go and train in Brazil back in the 80’s. Here on the mast with the wonderful Rilion Gracie.

Comments

Popular Posts